- Just Energy Group Inc. (NYSE:JE) rose 40% to $0.2996 in pre-market trading after declining 11% on Wednesday. Just Energy, last month, announced stakeholder approval of its recapitalization plan.
- Sorrento Therapeutics, Inc. (NASDAQ:SRNE) shares rose 34.5% to $11.25 in pre-market trading after the company received the FDA clearance to proceed with Phase 1 clinical trial of STI-1499 (COVI-GUARD) neutralizing antibody in COVID-19 positive patients.
- Northern Dynasty Minerals Ltd. (NYSE:NAK) rose 31.8% to $1.26 in pre-market trading after declining around 4% on Wednesday.
- Enservco Corporation (NYSE:ENSV) rose 28.7% to $0.1639 in pre-market trading after the company’s filing showed that Cross River Partners converted subordinated notes for total of $1,514,737 into 6.05 million shares at $0.25 per share.
- Herman Miller, Inc. (NASDAQ:MLHR) rose 15.7% to $29.95 in pre-market trading after the company reported a strong rise in its earnings for its fiscal first quarter. The company’s sales also exceeded analysts’ estimates.
- iBio, Inc. (NYSE:IBIO) rose 15.2% to $2.50 in pre-market trading after gaining 7% on Wednesday. iBio recently selected IBIO-201 as its leading candidate for the prevention of SARS-CoV-2 infection.
- 51job, Inc. (NYSE:JOBS) shares rose 15.2% to $78.50 in pre-market trading after the company said it received a primary non-binding proposal from DCP Capital Partners to acquire the company for $79.05 per share.
- Gevo, Inc. (NASDAQ:GEVO) rose 13.7% to $0.9999 in pre-market trading. Gevo, yesterday, said it was granted Australian patent number 2015332509 titled 'Methods for conversion of ethanol to functionalized lower hydrocarbons and downstream hydrocarbons.'
- Switchback Energy Acquisition Corporation (NYSE:SBE) rose 12.8% to $15.00 in pre-market trading. Switchback Energy Acquisition shares gained over 27% on Wednesday after Reuters reported that Chargepoint is nearing a deal to go public through reverse merger with Switchback Energy Acquisition.
- AnPac Bio-Medical Science Co., Ltd. (NASDAQ:ANPC) rose 12.2% to $5.50 in pre-market trading. AnPac Bio said, in mid August, it entered into immunology testing contract with Beijing Yuan Jian Health.
- Genocea Biosciences, Inc. (NASDAQ:GNCA) rose 10.2% to $3.02 in pre-market trading after the company presented follow-up data from GEN-009 neoantigen vaccine Phase 1/2a trial at ESMO Virtual Congress 2020.
- Knoll, Inc. (NYSE:KNL) rose 9.5% to $12.60 in pre-market trading.
- Vaxart, Inc. (NASDAQ:VXRT) rose 9% to $8.04 in pre-market trading. Vaxart shares jumped around 14% on Wednesday as traders circulated European Patent Office registration for 'Formulations for Small Intestinal Delivery of Rsv and Norovirus Antigens.'
- SCWorx Corp. (NASDAQ:WORX) rose 8.5% to $1.66 in pre-market trading after gaining around 5% on Wednesday.
- Churchill Capital Corp III (NYSE:CCXX) rose 7.3% to $11.97 in pre-market trading.
- Insmed Incorporated (NASDAQ:INSM) rose 6.9% to $36.89 in pre-market trading.
- Newgioco Group, Inc. (NASDAQ:NWGI) rose 6.1% to $1.74 in pre-market trading. Newgioco recently obtained GLI-33 certification to launch Elys Sportsbook platform in the U.S.
- American Virtual Cloud Technologies, Inc. (NASDAQ:AVCT) rose 6.1% to $4.32 in pre-market trading after the company named Xavier Williams as new CEO.
- Farmmi, Inc. (NASDAQ:FAMI) rose 5.8% to $0.92 in pre-market trading after the company announced a follow-on customer order for export to Canada.
- Checkpoint Therapeutics, Inc. (NASDAQ:CKPT) rose 5.7% to $4.48 in pre-market trading after announcing positive interim results from registration-enabling trial of cosibelimab in metastatic cutaneous squamous cell carcinoma.
Find out what's going on in today's market and bring any questions you have to Benzinga's PreMarket Prep.
Check out these big penny stock gainers and losers
- Strongbridge Biopharma plc (NASDAQ:SBBP) fell 19.5% to $2.25 in pre-market trading after reporting a proposed public offering of ordinary shares.
- Xenetic Biosciences, Inc. (NASDAQ:XBIO) fell 14.3% to $0.90 in pre-market trading after jumping over 14% on Wednesday. Xenetic Biosciences, last month, reported a 1H net loss of $2.1 million.
- Gridsum Holding Inc. (NASDAQ:GSUM) fell 12.8% to $0.9510 in pre-market trading after rising around 4% on Wednesday.
- Dave & Buster's Entertainment, Inc. (NASDAQ:PLAY) fell 11.1% to $16.99 in pre-market trading. Dave & Buster's Entertainment, last week, reported worse-than-expected Q2 sales.
- Inpixon (NYSE:INPX) fell 9.8% to $1.01 in pre-market trading. Inpixon recently announced approximately $2.6 million in new orders for indoor intelligence platform during the third quarter.
- Iterum Therapeutics plc (NASDAQ:ITRM) fell 9% to $0.6001 in pre-market trading after gaining around 4% on Wednesday.
- Novus Therapeutics, Inc. (NASDAQ:NVUS) shares fell 8.7% to $0.9128 in pre-market trading after declining 10% on Wednesday. Novus Therapeutics, on Tuesday, reported the acquisition of Anelixis Therapeutics, Inc., a privately held clinical-stage biotechnology company developing a next generation anti-CD40 Ligand antibody as a potential treatment for organ and cellular transplantation, autoimmune diseasesand neurodegenerative diseases.
- Party City Holdco Inc. (NYSE:PRTY) fell 6.5% to $2.75 in pre-market trading after jumping over 10% on Wednesday.
- Inovio Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (NASDAQ:INO) shares fell 5.8% to $17.45 in pre-market trading after surging 36% on Wednesday. Inovio Pharmaceuticals presented at the H.C. Wainwright 22nd Annual Global Investor Conference on Monday.
- Town Sports International Holdings, Inc. (NASDAQ:CLUB) fell 5.3% to $0.25 in pre-market trading. Town Sports International recently filed voluntary petitions for relief under Chapter 11 bankruptcy.
- Myomo, Inc. (NYSE:MYO) shares fell 5.2% to $4.73 in pre-market trading. Myomo shares jumped over 30% on Wednesday after the company announced the HHS has authorized the company to be a Medicare provider.
- Callon Petroleum Company (NYSE:CPE) fell 4.8% to $5.80 in pre-market trading after gaining more than 8% on Wednesday.
- Lipocine Inc. (NASDAQ:LPCN) shares fell 4.6% to $1.46 in pre-market trading after rising over 5% on Wednesday. Lipocine, last month, announced the FDA has informed the company that it needs additional time to complete its review of TLANDO's new drug application.
- Chewy Inc (NYSE:CHWY) fell 4.5% to $53.66 in pre-market trading after the company reported a public offering of $275 million of shares of its Class A common stock.
- Snowflake Inc (NYSE:SNOW) fell 4% to $243.88 in pre-market trading. Snowflake shares surged 112% on Wednesday after the company priced its IPO at $120 per share.
- JFrog Ltd. (NYSE:FROG) fell 3.5% to $62.50 in pre-market trading. JFrog shares jumped over 47% on Wednesday after the company priced its initial public offering at $44 per share.